On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 15:43:46 +0200 (MET DST), Jerome Grimbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Marcel Kilgus makes some magical things to make me read } [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: } > Does anyone have a routine still which will work on modern QLs to } > stop the break key from working??? } } On SMSQ/E systems you can set bit 4 ($10) of sys_klock ($e4). Other } bits suppress reset etc. }

But why do you want such behaviour ?
Tampering the system in the hide of the user is a BAD idea!
(and soon, we will see 'Break-enabler' programs, which would lost time
reseting the bit..., Then 'Super-break-protect', doing the opposite action every millisecond...)

Not necessarily...
I believe that I know what Rich is trying to attempt (correct me if I am wrong Rich). Q-Word selection can, when done by keyboard, easily lead to an accidental keypress of CTRL-SPACE and a subsequent crash. There's nothing wrong with trying to protect the user's investment :-) There are you see legitimate uses for a solution like that :-)

--
Visit the QL-FAQ at: <http://www.dokos-gr.net/ql/faq/> (Still uploading stuff!)
Visit the uQLX-win32 at: <http://www.dokos-gr.net/ql/uqlx.html>