On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 01:24:26 +0100, P Witte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Tony Firshman writes:

You might not be aware that publishing literal email addresses like this in _any_ group, even an email based one like this, is favourite spam harvesting material. I am sure that this area is archived all over the place on the web.

Its all in the headers anyway, so does it really matter?

Per

Yes if you list an address of someone that really doesn't want to be listed...

Ie Tony uses a throwaway email address... I use my Uni one and so on...

So yes it really matters. I think that it is _Assumed_ that the email address you are using at your newsgroups/mailing lists is one you want public. If someone is not subscribed to one of these while he/she could that (At least for me) means that he/she doesn't want to be bothered with either the traffic, spam or both... so it's best to play it safe and do not assume that you know someone's wishes.

Phoebus

--
Visit the QL-FAQ at: <http://www.dokos-gr.net/ql/faq/> (Still uploading stuff!)
Visit the uQLX-win32 homepage at: <http://www.dokos-gr.net/ql/uqlx.html>