Hi all,
although we avoid posting things of commercial nature here, the news are way too big to avoid :-)

ED Drives and Diskettes
------------------------------
Starting next week, RWAP Services and Quantum Leap Software will commence selling brand new Mitsubishi/IBM ED drives (with a 6 month replacement -or- money back warranty - double the usual warranty of the industry) as well as ED disks with a Lifetime warranty in VERY VERY competitive prices.

The drives do NOT require FLP_JIGGLE to format 720K but have a switch (optional)
instead to deal with that.

***UPDATE***
Zeljko Nastasic informs me that it may be possible to eliminate the need for the data rate switch by slightly modifying the (Super) Gold Card. That is being currently investigated. Tune in for more news!
***END UPDATE***

***NEWER UPDATE***
Sadly after Zeljko's careful examination this is not possible :-(
***END NEWER UPDATE***

Find more about the ED drives at:

<URL:http://hometown.aol.co.uk/RWAPSoftware/EDDisk.html>

Please note that Qx0 compatibility is being investigated (The link above states that they are compatible however until I get a positive result on the ED format issue consider compatibility limited to 1.44 Mb only)

Q-Word Demo
After a long wait, several enhancements to the Turbo Compiler and a host of last minute changes with contributions from:
Phoebus Dokos, Marcel Kilgus, George Gwilt and others, Rich Mellor and Geoff Wicks present Q-WORD!

A trial version is available now for Windows users (one installer file that includes QPC2 Demo edition).
That version will work on a QXL equipped with Colour drivers (SMSQ/e v.2.98 and above) provided you only use the QXL.WIN file enclosed instead of the QPC/QXL WIN file combination.

For more information on Q-Word and a pointer to the trial download please visit:
<URL:http://hometown.aol.co.uk/RWAPSoftware/QWord.html>

--
Visit the QL-FAQ at: <http://www.dokos-gr.net/ql/faq/> (Still uploading stuff!)
Visit the uQLX-win32 homepage at: <http://www.dokos-gr.net/ql/uqlx.html>