Hello  (yes, I'm still alive, still unemployed and not very much QLing
recently, but lurking and reading the posts!)

My question is:  How hot should the CPU in a Q40 be expected to get?  After
half an hour or
so mine seems hot enough to fry eggs (if it were fryingpan shaped and they
are little eggs).  How long is it safe to operate it like this before giving
it a rest to cool down; should it have a fan fitted?

The longest I've run it continuously is around nine hours without ill
effects, but could that be doing any longterm damage?

regards,
Ian.

  • ... Ian L. Pine
    • ... Fabrizio Diversi