I've been asked by Rich Mellor to send this to the list as he cannot for some reason send it

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------

(resent)
When I run QWord on the Aurora without SMSQ/e loaded, I need to make the standard Pointer a blank sprite, using the machine code routine IOP.SWDF (please no suggestions to use any other toolkit)

I have tried to follow p66 in the QPTR manual, although I see that the description of the call does not actually specify that a1 needs to be set to the subw_table !!

My code is as follows (with the correct QDOS window channel ID in A0, pointing to a managed window ouline):

* Change the window pointer to null pointer move.l d4,-(a7) lea subw_defn,a1 Set up table of sub-windows lea subw_table,a4 move.l a1,(a4) lea sprite_ptr,a4 Set up sub window sprite pointer lea blank_sprite,a1 move.l a1,(a4) moveq #$7d,d0 Set up new sub-windoow definition moveq #-1,d3 with a blank pointer lea subw_table,a1 trap #3 move.l (a7)+,d4 * more code follows..................

<<CUT>>

subw_table dc.l 0 dc.l 0 subw_defn dc.w 512 Window X Size in pixels dc.w 480 Window Y size in pixels dc.w 0 X origin dc.w 0 Y origin

          dc.w     0                   attributes - spare
          dc.w     0                   border width
          dc.w     0                   border colour
          dc.w     0                   paper colour

sprite_ptr
dc.l 0 Pointer to pointer sprite for window

blank_sprite
          dc.w     1,0
          dc.w     1,1
          dc.w     0,0
          dc.l     col_patt-*
          dc.l     patt_mask-*
          dc.l     0

col_patt dc.l 0

patt_mask
          dc.l     0

However, the sprite still seems to be there (if only one or two pixels big) . Where have I gone wrong?? Maybe it's because I am using direct hardware access to the Aurora screen, but I doubt it....

-- Rich Mellor RWAP Services 35 Chantry Croft, Kinsley, Pontefract, West Yorkshire, WF9 5JH TEL: 01977 610509 Visit our website at: URL:http://hometown.aol.co.uk/RWAPSoftware

Stuck with ordinary dial up internet connection ?? Read our review of internet accelerators and broadband at:
URL:http://hometown.aol.co.uk/RWAPSoftware/reviews.html