On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:14:23 +0100, Roy wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Tony Firshman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
It could be that the drives themselves need a good clean (as with all
tape heads) - cotton bud and meths (Tony is that the best thing to
use??) is required.
Meths is fine - iso-propyl alcohol is the best.

I take it you are referring to the cleaning and not the drinking here!

Hehe he got me there for a sec.I thought he was talking about Crystal Meth ;-) hehehe.

Seriously I used Eth. Alcohol while in Greece myself as it was just as easy to find (it is legal in Greece) very pure and without colouring (plus extremely cheap and available everywhere). In the US I have to use iso-propyl as it's the only kind you can get. (They tend to drink it for some odd reason here don't ask me why)

Phoebus

--
Visit the QL-FAQ at: <http://www.dokos-gr.net/ql/faq/> (Still uploading stuff!)
Visit the uQLX-win32 homepage at: <http://www.dokos-gr.net/ql/uqlx.html>