P Witte makes some magical things to make me read
} Sorry for being such a pain, but I have some further questions:
}
} How do I position a PE window accurately? Problem is, I want to create a
} button, to go into the button frame. Im hoping to use a standard Window
} Definition with a single Loose Item. If I use a window with a border width
} of 1 and then use wm.prpos, my button overlaps part of the adjacent button.
} (This occurs even when my button's x-origen is divisible by 4). If I use a
} borderless window, ie border width 0, there is no problem, except as below:
}
} In certain circumstances, I want to be able to liberate the button from the
} Button Frame and then, after doing whatever to it, put it back again
} (automatically, ie not using wm.chwin). wm.prpos makes it jump all over
} the place!

Your window definition or your call to wm.prpos might have some distance
relative to the pointer/cursor/mouse/"whatever you call it".
(or some random, uninitialised fields...)

To put a button on the button frame, you should call bt_prpos and only
rely on wm_prpos when it fails (aka no button frame!).

Example of C code for a 'text' or 'picture' button can be found in xmenu sources.
(Menu_Button_Text() and Menu_Button_Logo()), available at
http://jgrimbert.free.fr/ql/download.html
http://jgrimbert.free.fr/ql/download/xmenusrc.zip

Direct assembly should not be too different from C.
        • ... P Witte
  • ... RWAPSoftware