In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes

HI All,

This is just to confirm that Q-Celt Computing will be at the Byfleet show
on Sunday.

Oh no ... no the 'boi' :-)

Also attending will be Dilwyn Jones (who is kindly driving down overnight
straight from work!) and we will be demo-ing the new Product, LAUNCHPAD,
and selling the first full versions of it at the show!!  LAUNCHPAD is a
simple and easy to use Desktop GUI (graphical user interface) for the QL,
allowing you to assign icons to your favourite programs, to have your own
login passwords for various users of your QL, to basically set up your QL
how you want, and loads of other features. There are even loads of
additional programs included free of charge to add to it - such as some new
pointer games, a calculator, a file transfer program, and a calendar, a
screen saver program, a file viewer, and many more....!!

Looking forward to using it.

In fact, the full LAUNCHPAD package (including all the additional free
programs) is so vast it will not fit on one HD disk!!

It is what DIlwyn has been working on for the last 2 years or so -
exclusively. With this much work, you can get an idea of how advanced it
is. Come along to Byfleet and be among the first to see the full version!!
In the meantime, you can check out the demo version from Dilwyn's website.

Well done to Dilwyn. Although I wish I had two years of time that I could devote to programming ... :-)

On the issue of trying the demo - I have still not been successful in getting the demo version to unzip.

Maybe the size is a problem, and it could be split into more than one part, eg, main program and facilities, and then the 'extras'.

This could be a useful approach for further upgrades, bug fixes, etc.

Other software from Dilwyn's site, or elsewhere, is not a problem.

As ever, we will try to have our full range of CD's etc available. The QL
2002 - THE DVD will also be on sale. Also, as I will be flying over, if
anyone is interested in buying anything specific from me at the show, could
you please email or phone me first as I will be limited in the amount of
stock I can bring over. Thanks!

Any Irish whiskey ... ?

--
Malcolm Cadman