On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 21:41:01 +0100, Dent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

As I said in the QL-Today poll I will do my absolute best to get to either
or evenboth events whether in UK or NL. Would an Internet connection
workshop be of interest?
I'm thinking in terms of "Bring along your QL get it fitted with Hermes,"
"Help with registering with an ISP, setting up an email account, etc."
"Install and try-out the soQL TCP/IP stack "
Aim of the workshop would be that none connected QLers could go
home with the know-how, hardware and software to participate on ql-users.
Any comments?

Jon.

Hi Jon,
I was thinking of doing the same during QL USA 2004. Hopefully some visitors will bring their std Hermes equipped QLs. I will have mine (and a modem) available at the show -as well as the Qx0 on display using soQL with at least two US ISPs sending and receiving email. As I do not know if there is going to be a modem line available, I plan on connecting the serial directly to a Motorola Timeport's internal modem via a serial cable (I haven't tried yet my Nokia phones for that but the Motorola works just fine). And if there's no signal at the room, then I guess will do a hotel-room demonstration ;-) hehe...

(BTW: Anybody willing to share a room with me on the USA show?... the time is drawing near and I haven't made a reservation for a room yet) :-D

Phoebus

--
Visit the QL-FAQ at: <http://www.dokos-gr.net/ql/faq/> (Still uploading stuff!)
Visit the uQLX-win32 homepage at: <http://www.dokos-gr.net/ql/uqlx.html>