From: "Roy wood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2004 6:49 PM
Subject: Re: [ql-users] Quanta

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, gwicks
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
<SNIP>
>As John has said QUANTA is a non-profit organisation for the benefit of its
>members. This restricts what can be done with its income and capital, but
it
>does not mean that the capital is unuseable. What would be the reaction if
>QUANTA backed a software or hardware project for members only?
>
>For example, QUANTA backed the Q60. This, I understand, was in the form of
>loan that was repaid. How would people have reacted if QUANTA  had made it
>available to QUANTA members only? A Q60 costs £545. Would it have been too
>much to ask for an extra £14 or £17 for QUANTA membership on top?
I think that a similar offer should be made to Nasta so he can get on
and finish the new Qubide and Super Gold Card replacement. When I last
spoke with him in Italy he said he had all the designs finished but just
did not have the money. I am sure that he would welcome some direct
financing.
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch. 20 Locks Hill, Portslade, Sussex.

  • ... John Taylor
    • ... Roy wood
    • ... gwicks
      • ... Roy wood