It's on the website now. I added the ESC K details to the end of the
control codes list on page 27.

> > Thanks, will add this to the manual.
> >
> > I've seen articles about the printer and graphics in old QL
magazines,
> > but decided that it must be an unofficial facility as it wasn't in
the
> > manual. Now I know better.
>
> I only found out by an item (in QL World?) entitled roughly "clever
man at
> Dixons" and it was a patch for one of the printer drivers for easel
that
> allowed screen dumps on the Serial 8056 printer - I was rather
disappointed
> that the manual said no graphics (for a DMP), but my face soon lit
up once
> the patch had been shown to work.
I think ESC K is a standard 'low-density' graphics code on Epson
printers, assuming the bit image data format is the same. Certainly,
much of the limited code set supported seems the same as early 9-pin
Epson dot matrix printers.
--
Dilwyn Jones