I was thinking on the subject of what next for the QL.  I think we really need
something that acts like a web browser.  This means the display of text and graphics
in the same viewer.  There was an attempt a few years back at writing a web
browser for the QL (from Italy I think), but it really went no where.

It does not have to support HTML, but something that we can create a way of
browing a bunch of information on a CD.  If it could support HTML would be nice
and make creating information for the viewer easier (and portable), but even a pure
QL only viewer would be nice.

It should support gif, jpg, and QL formats (pic, sav, scr, etc).  Multiple size fonts
is
not 100% necessary.  I've prefer that it run under the PE and not Prowess (just my
personal preference).  But if it had to run under Prowess, we could work in getting
more people running Prowess (it's not the simplest thing to run).

Anyhow, that's my choice.

Tim Swenson

  • ... RWAPSoftware
    • ... SMSQ - Jochen Merz