Hi Oliver,
yesterday I tried to open an ECW file... and I discovered that I'm no
more able to open it. Not only, QLGT crashes if I try.
I have recompiled GDAL 1.8.1 and GDAL 1.10.0 by enabling the ecw option,
but it has not solved the problem.
I also recompiled QLGT by starting from the repository version... same
result.
This is the message I get when QLGT crashes

Warning: QSqlQuery::exec: database not open
Warning: Qt has caught an exception thrown from an event handler. Throwing
exceptions from an event handler is not supported in Qt. You must
reimplement QApplication::notify() and catch all exceptions there.

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::length_error'
   what():  basic_string::_S_create

Can you please help me?

Corrado