Claudio Jeker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The best way to test if auth_smtp is available is via telnet localhost 25
> and issuing a "EHLO dude" command. If there is no "250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN" line
> auth_smtp is not active.

I've tried this, setting SMTPAUTH to TLSREQUIRED and optionally
setting AUTHREQUIRED.  Neither of these changes the SMTP EHLO greeting
to include the "250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN" line.

When I check the logs, it does do SMTP AUTH just fine.

  [EMAIL PROTECTED](256> telnet fester 25
  Trying 198.116.138.140...
  Connected to fester.saic.hq.nasa.gov.
  Escape character is '^]'.
  220 Fester.SAIC.HQ.NASA.Gov ESMTP
  EHLO dude!
  250-Fester.SAIC.HQ.NASA.Gov
  250-PIPELINING
  250-SIZE 0
  250-STARTTLS
  250 8BITMIME

I see in qmail-smtpd.c where it wants to output this so I'm not sure
why it's not emitting it.