Tomasz Klim <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 06 November 2003 10:06:
> Hi,
>
> I have a few suggestions about qmail-ldap:
> 1. It shouldn't be distributed as one 905KB patch.
> 2. Instead of this, it should be splitted to a set of files:
> - patches to individual (already existent) qmail-files
> - new files, in their unmodified form
> 3. It shouldn't contain any 3rd-party patches, like tarpit/maildir++.
> 4. Am I right, that latest qmail-ldap patch contains the
> complete imap solution? -> See 3.
>
> What do >>YOU<< think about it? I like to see some comments,
> and suggestions.
>
> And what does André Oppermann think about it?

Tomasz,

I agree with your suggestions concerning the qmail-ldap patch and have argued for this
on the qmail-ldap list.

Here's the response from Claudio Jeker:

"qmail-ldap comes as a bundle of features a ISP needs. It is complete so
that no other patches are needed and if you do not configure them you will
end with a behaviour like stock qmail.

Also most of the stuff you find as external patches has been integrated in
a different way in qmail-ldap. So it is almost impossible to apply one of
those patches. Also the maintenance of a qmail-ldap patch set is
exponentially more complex with no gain.

So if you like to have a list of all patches applied read QLDAPNEWS and
QLDAPINSTALL and compare the features with the list of patches a
www.qmail.org.

If you have a patch that absolutly needs to be included you could send a
request to the list."

I suggest you take this discussion to the qmail-ldap list as it's really off-topic for
the qmail list.

R.