On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 12:12:33AM -0500, Paul G. Weiss wrote:
> Is there any way for a QMAILQUEUE program to know if the SMTP session was
> authenticated, and if so, what the username of the authenticated user is?
> Before I go ahead and patch it in, has anyone else done this already?

Currently there is no way to know if a session was authenticated.
The fix is simple in smtp_auth() line 1515
add something like:
if (!env_put2("AUTHENTICATED", line.s)) die_nomem();

--
:wq Claudio

"Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern
technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat."