On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 11:24:14PM +0800, Dino Ming wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> I've followed your suggestion on the AUTHPREPEND="authenticated:", But I can
> saw that all wrong smtp outgoing mail with wrong password authenticated
> include this in their mail header. :(
>
> This is my current contents of /etc/tcp.smtp file.
>
> 127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
> :allow,SMTPAUTH="",AUTHPREPEND="Authenticated:"

Add a LOGLEVEL="3" line to all rules and remake the cdb.
Afterwards you should get a lot of info about what is enabled and what is
going on.

In extrem cases 'env TCPREMOTEIP=1.2.3.4 SMTPAUTH= AUTHPREPEND="XXX"
LOGLEVEL=3 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtp' could give you a hint too.

Remeber auth_smtp is not run as root so check that it has read permissions
on the needed control files (see big-qmail-ldap picture for a list)

> From your last comment, I didn't found any way have smtp relay enabled
> within my /var/qmail/control/*
> or RELAYCLIENT. But I found that there have 4 rules files sit inside the
> /var/qmail/control/directory which are
> qmail-smtpd.rules,qmail-pop3d.rules,qmail-imapd.rules,qmail-qmqd.rules
>
> Does these files affect the smtp authentication especially on
> qmail-smtpd.rules ?

Not unless you are using the startup scripts shipped in qmail-ldap
(~/boot).

--
:wq Claudio

"Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern
technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat."