On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 12:47:53AM -0800, khoa nguyen tan wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Firstly I'm sorry for my long writing but I just want
> to describe the situation.
>
> I've just setup a mailserver with:
>   + qmail-1.03
>   + qmail-ldap-patch-20031201
>   + OpenLDAP 2.0.23-6.3

This is a rather old OpenLDAP but that should not matter.

> For OpenLDAP, I have built it from source and I also
> enabled the support for SSL (for managing user logging
> from LDAP database).
>
> I have configured correctly qmail, pop3d, smtpd
> services and everything work rather well.
>
> However, after setting up the database for LDAP, I
> faced problems when adding user into the database. For
> example, whenever I add the user:
>
> ---
> dn:[EMAIL PROTECTED],ou=qmail-accounts,dc=hcmup,dc=edu,dc=vn
> cn: Nguyen Thanh Vinh
> sn: Nguyen
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: person
> objectClass: qmailUser
> userPassword: {MD5}...
> uid: vinh
> mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> mailHost: mail.hcmup.edu.vn
> mailAlternateAddress: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> mailQuotaSize: 6000000
> accountStatus: active
> deliveryMode: noprogram
> ---
>
> by ldapadd ...
> everything works fine. However when I execute
> qmail-ldaplookup for that user, some attribute fields
> have changed. For example, the field cn is not Nguyen
> Thanh Vinh but it turned to be hFktjtmfkjsdfj .

That's strange because qmail-ldaplookup does not show the cn.
It is possible that the value is still base64 encoded. Newer ldapsearch do
that for example. Could you please post the output of your
qmail-ldaplookup?

> But when I use LDAPBrowser (written in Java) to look
> for the information in LDAP database, everything
> appears correctly.
>
> I really confuse whether OpenLDAP do something wrong
> when add new data or qmail.schema cause the problem.
>
> Anyone please help me (this is emergency).

Is it just qmail-ldaplookup that freaks out or is mail delivery disturbed?

--
:wq Claudio

"Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern
technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat."