RELAYCLIENT is set per connection. If your webmail can do authenticated
smtp you can use that. SquirrelMail can use authenticated smtp. You only
lose in performance, because you will have to use smtp instead
/usr/sbin/sendmail.

If you use vlogin plugin, you can specify different outgoing settings per
user basis. People that are not allowed to send email to outside
recipients, can be forced to use smtp server, that does not allow
relaying.

You have one email program and one smtp server. You control both. Just
think and find the way to set different settings per user.