Quoting "Diego Zuaneti Arruda" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I have used the qmail-ldap-20050401a and
> qmail-ldap-1.03-20050401a-controls20050503 and it does function, but
> with release version of the patchs (qmail-ldap-20060201 with
> qmail-ldap-20060201-controls20060327 or
> qmail-ldap-20060201-controls20060217 ) it does not function.

Since QmailLDAP changes quite rapidly/constantly, the reason the
QmailLDAP patch version is included in my QmailLDAP/Controls patch
is to make sure one uses the correct QmailLDAP/Controls patch...

My recommendation is to use QmailLDAP v20050401a and the QmailLDAP/Controls
patch v20050503.

The reason why the QmailLDAP/Controls patch isn't updated every time
there's a new QmailLDAP patch is that I just don't feel like upgrading
'every month'. I'm running this on a stable system/server/service.

IF you or anyone else wants me to make a new QmailLDAP/Controls patch
for the latest QmailLDAP patch, there are at least one criteria that
needs to be fulfilled:

      1. The latest QmailLDAP patch offers function X that you MUST have
      2. The latest QmailLDAP patch fixes a SECURITY problem that needs
         addressed.

Other than that, QmailLDAP/Controls will upgrade when 'I feel like it'
or 'I didn't have anything better to do with my time' :).

There was someone that made intermittent releases of the QmailLDAP/Controls
patch, but I don't know if he/she got tired of upgrading as well...

>    > Ldif:
>    > dn: cn=server1.cheniltex.com.br,ou=QmailLDAP,o=Fasternet,c=BR
>    > tarpitDelay: 5
>    > ldapServer: 127.0.0.1
>    > objectClass: qmailUser
>    > cn: server1.cheniltex.com.br
>    > locals: cheniltex.com.br
>    > tarpitCount: 5
>    > dirMaker: /var/qmail/bin/dirmaker
>    > ldapUid: 1001
>    > rcptHosts: cheniltex.com.br
>    > ldapRebind: 0
>    > concurrencyRemote: 3
>    > ldapGid: 102
>    > ldapPassword: clear-password
>    > dataBytes: 15360000
>    > ldapBaseDN: c=BR
>    > ldapLogin: cnManager,c=BR

Looks perfectly fine, exept the 'ldapLogin'. You're missing an equal
sign between 'cn' and 'Manager'.

Antother thing to check is the output of 'qmail-showctl' and 'qmail-ldaplookup'.
--
president iodine DES North Korea BATF CIA FBI Semtex assassination
explosion nuclear Soviet Khaddafi ammonium South Africa