Hello all,

I have qmail authenticating off of the mail attribute rather than the uid,
and I don¹t want to make the uid attribute the email address, because I have
several other servers that auto-magically deciphers whether the login has is
an email or not, and modifies the query appropriately. (if qmail-ldap does
this, I could not find out how)

The above is all working, so this question is more of an LDAP experience
question than a problem with qmail.  This is my first production LDAP
server, and I would like it to go smoothly.

The 'mail' attribute is multi-value, and it is not unique across the domain
(ldap branch?).

Here is what my DN looks like
uid=cr,o=caltel.com,ou=domains,o=caltel

I am assume that uid is both unique and single value because it is part of
the DN.  The mail attribute is not, and as expected qmail does not like it
when there are "extra" mail attributes.

Should I worry about this?  I see that can be problems with authentication,
and delivery when extra addresses are present.  Are there more critical
errors that could arise because of bad mail entries?

I guess I could edit the schema, and make mail "SINGLE-VALUE".  I don¹t know
about making it unique across the domain though.

Or I could just leave it alone.  All of the access to the ldap server (at
this point) is handled through scripts that should not introduce problems.
If a problem occurred, I could just deal with it then.

Thank you in advance,

Cody

--
Cody Ritts