    Steve> (1) compile failed if "SECUREBIND=-DSECUREBIND_ALL" in
    Steve> Makefile.

Why? Do you miss some library? Is the new library (if it got upgraded)
somewhere else than before? Is that library ok?

    Steve> (2) if compile with "SECUREBIND=-DSECUREBIND_TLS",
    Steve> qmail-send cannot start.

Does qmail-send/qmail-todo (which starts qmail-send so the error is correct)
know about the SSL/TLS certificate? Is it readable? Did it disappear
after the upgrade? Was it modified/changed? Can the two mentioned programs
read the CA certificate the certificate was signed with?

    Steve> (3) if compile without SECUREBIND, qmail-send can start but
    Steve> cannot deliver mail.  The error message is "delivery 1:
    Steve> deferral: Out_of_memory_in_qmail-lspawn./".

That I don't know what it can be...

    Steve> (4) if compile without SECUREBIND, but added
    Steve> "-DLDAP_DEPRECATED" to LDAPINCLUDES, qmail-send cannot
    Steve> start.  The error message is "alert: qmail-todo: cannot
    Steve> start: unable to read controls".

Do you know what LDAP_DEPRECATED stands for and what it's used for? Are
you trying options at random without understanding them?

    Steve> I thing there are several incompatibility problem.  Someone
    Steve> in this mailing list mentioned that openldap-2.3.x has
    Steve> problem.  My openldap is openldap-2.3.19-4.

Then you should _DEFENATLY_ not be using LDAP_DEPRECATED! And I haven't
tried OL 2.3 yet, so I can't help there...

    Steve> Other than fallback to Fedora Core 3, anybody can help?

Downgrade your LDAP server? I know, stupid remark, but I never liked
the RedHat way of upgrading stable packages on a server. Going from
2.0 to 2.1 is stupid (so is any major version update on mission
critical applications). Sorry for the rant, not your fault but...

If you insist on running OL 2.3, you're basically on your own (for the
time being). But one thing that would be intressting to know is if
standard QmailLDAP (i.e. ONLY the QL patch!) works as expected? Anyone?

--
747 toluene radar Ft. Meade jihad munitions nitrate DES Legion of Doom
AK-47 cryptographic plutonium Soviet strategic attack