Ferri Andy Chianiago schrieb:
Dear all,

i'm in the middle of migration of our qmail installation currently run on
vpopmain 5.3.7 cdb based, to qmail-ldap-1.03-20050401a.patch. for several
days i've been looking for script to convert user password in
vpasswd/vpasswd.cdb to ldap, with no avail. afaik, vpasswd keeps password
in md5 format (please correct me if i'm wrong), but when i put
{MD5}something in the ldap directory, it won't work.

is there somebody ever done this kind of migration successfully before, and
like to share his/her experience with me? i will not have problem with other
aspect as creating ldap entry, mailbox creation etc, i only need to know
how to convert password field.

Hey,
I guess a late answer is better than no answer :-) I've done a conversion from vpopmail (mysql) to qmail-ldap a bit ago, and I've used a small perl script for it.

You can find it at
http://philipp-wagner.com/vpop2qldap.html

In about 2 months I'll do a large-scale migration with several 10,000 accounts, so I'll update that script in near future.

If you find anything to add, please feel free to drop me line.

Philipp