Hello,

I used qmail+vpopmail for years, so i decided migrate to qmail-ldap
cluster with two machines.

Everything was working fine before i migrate all my users, but when i
migrate all of them, my problem began.

Both of qmail-ldap machines are consuming too much link, 2x more than
when i was using qmail+vpopmail, but i have no idea why it's happening,
i aldreay check one by one messages to see if exists a users doing spam
or sending big attachments, but there are nothing.

Anyone know what could be? there are a known bug?

Other kind of behavior which I believe is unusual is that usually, I can
see twice as more qmail-remote processes than the number of messages in
the queue, and the concurrency status is counting lower values:

# ps wauxw | grep qmail-remote | wc -l
      96
# tail -20 /var/log/qmail/current | grep status
@40000000472886b31623a01c status: local 1/500 remote 56/500
@40000000472886b316e2064c status: local 2/500 remote 56/500
@40000000472886b31737cb54 status: local 1/500 remote 56/500
@40000000472886b3175895dc status: local 2/500 remote 56/500
@40000000472886b318bd9864 status: local 1/500 remote 56/500
@40000000472886b318ec0334 status: local 0/500 remote 56/500
@40000000472886b413d4aaf4 status: local 0/500 remote 55/500
@40000000472886b413d4c264 status: local 0/500 remote 54/500

# qmqtool -s
Messages in local queue: 1
Messages in remote queue: 81
Messages in todo queue: 23

I have limited bw in 4Mbit/s. If I stop limiting, it goes straight to
20Mbit/s (my ISP limit) and stills there for the whole day.

According to `qmqtool -S` I have, right now, 9MB queued in my 81
messages. It is 72Mbit, at 4Mbit/s, 18 seconds would be enought to get
rid of all e-mails. But it is @ 4Mbit/s non-stop. For hours...

It is my impression like qmail is crazily trying to redeliver a message
immediattely, after a temporary failure for example. But it is not -
according to logs.

So, this is the behavior which is making my life harder. All your tips,
suggestions and points are very well welcome, because I run out of ideas
on how to fix or at least, find the cause of this crazy behavior.

Thanks for any help.

--
Atenciosamente
Jean Milanez Melo