I'm using Hugo Monteiro's envelope-scan patch with Policyd support (with great success). RCPTCHECK is set in qmail-smtpd, but greylisting is executed before rcptcheck. A lot of unauth triplet is fill mysql table, anyhow this mail will be drop by rcpt checking.
Is it possible to execute RCPTCHEKC before envelope scan?
My tcp.smtp file:
=:allow,RCPTCHECK="",SMTPAUTH="",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/simscan",ENVELOPE_SCANNER="/var/qmail/bin/qenvscan-policyd",POLICYD_SERVER="127.0.0.1",POLICYD_PORT="10031"

Tanks,
Nandor Szabo

Hello Nandor,

I'm glad it's working for you.

As for your suggestion, i'm not so sure that's a good idea. If you verify the recipient before enforcing greylisting, you'll be giving spammers an easier way to validate existing accounts. True that making recipient checking after greylisting will produce irrelevant triplets in the database, but i believe that the overhead is worth it.

If you still feel so confident that you really want that behaviour, let me know and i'll see what i can come up with.

Regards,

Hugo Monteiro.

Tanks for yor quick respose.
Yes, you are rigth. With greylisting, it's more difficult to find out valid addresses.
The order of this feature in qmail-smtpd are hardcoded?

Regards,
Nandor Szabo