Hello,

Works for me. Both side is qmail-ldap, but I think it will work with googlemail too.
First, compile qmail-ldap with TLS flags.
- TLS=-DTLS_REMOTE -DTLS_SMTPD -DTLSDEBUG

Secondly: put TLS port, auth username and password into qmail smtproutes config file.
:smtp.googlemail.com:587 username password

I hope, this help.
Regards, Nandor