On 11 Jan 1999, Russell Nelson wrote:
> 3) qmail-smtpd should have the filename of qmail-queue as a parameter
> on its command line.  The problem with qmail-smtpd as it currently
> stands is that it can only run /var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue.  If we wrap
> that program with something else, it must be called
> /var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue, even though it isn't the real qmail-queue.

Hmm, I had a QMAILQUEUE var lined up for qmail-smtpd, in order to allow
alternative queue functions to be called based upon calling IP (tcpserver)
and my MAILFROM/RCPTTO control files, which would then allow us to
redirect to alternative qmail queues with a different path to qmail-queue
(or perhaps to a /dev/null for some mail :-)).

It did form part of my cunning plan (ahem) to recompile the binaries so
that they could work anywhere with anything read from the environment when
executed, but I haven't had a lot of free time to explore this route
recently :-(

Chuck