On Fri 1999-02-05 (12:24), Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for some addresses to a remote server, I always get this error. What
> does this mean?

You've probably hit some OS resource limit. Usually it's the maximum number
of file descriptors and maximum number of processes that need to be upped.

On my system I have:

  ulimit -n 1024
  ulimit -u 1024

before the qmail-start line in my qmail startup script. There is a formula
for working out how many of each you need depending on what your
concurrencyremote is. I'm sure someone here will enlighten us. :-)

  - Keith
--
Keith Burdis - MSc (Com Sci) - Rhodes University, South Africa
Email   : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from a perl script"

Standard disclaimer.
---