This is a little off topic. I'm running qmail server on linux machine.
   When one of my customer sends mail through my mail server, it is rejected
   because of To: line:
   To: [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
   failure: Sorry,_I_couldn't_find_any_host_named_aquacorp.com].

   Qmail doesn't strip off the bracket(]).

rfc822:
3.4.6.  BRACKETING CHARACTERS
[...]

            o   Square brackets ("[" and "]") are used to indicate the
                presence  of  a  domain-literal, which the appropriate
                name-domain  is  to  use  directly,  bypassing  normal
                name-resolution mechanisms.

See also 6.2.3  DOMAIN TERMS.

Mate
---
Mate Wierdl | Dept. of Math. Sciences | University of Memphis