On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Mate Wierdl wrote:

> This guy has a different problem.  Have not you seen his previous messages?
> They were "rubbish" or nothing at all.  I get more spam from this list than
> from anywhere else combined.  And cannot do a thing about it, since the list
> gets these messages without the original headers.

That guy wasn't a spammer, just another dolt that doesn't know what he's
doing.

> Finally a remark: on a list I manage (well, ezmlm-idx), there are 169
> subscribers, 11 of which had completely incorrect envelope sender address.
> These guys cannot even get a response when they send a message to list-help.
> Since these guys are developers of a program, they could fix the
> problem---but what do you guys do with less literate people?

Most of the 'less literate' I encounter are the same ones that tell me
to "get a modern mail client" when I complain about the useless or non
existant quote marks in their replies.  I return the favor and tell 'em
to get a real mail client.

<rant> Microsoft (mainly) has made such a mess out of any standard they've
encountered and produced crap to advertise this fact that problems like
this are only going to escalate.  I have no regrets about being rude to
folks that run that junk and swear it's the best thing ever written.  If
they don't want to look like an illiterate jerk they shouldn't use a
mailer that goes out of it's way to make them look like one. </rant>

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2