Hi there,

if I send an email (locally and remotely) througt Qmail-SMTPD, it often
freezes during processing of larger mails (mostly larger than 50 kb).
E.g. Netscape stops delivering that mail (even after killing Netscape or
other mail programs, qmail-smtpd is still in the process list). The
process list shows a sleeping qmail-smtpd and a sleeping qmail-queue
(they can only be removed by invoking kill). A minute later (after doing
anything) qmail-queue becomes a Zombie.

I tried invoking qmail-smtpd via tcpserver and via xinetd (as discribed
in FAQs). There is no difference.

I use the latest programs of qmail and Linux 2.2.1 (in prior kernel
versions I did not recognized that problem, but at that time I did not
tried delivering a large mail).

Can anybody help me ?

Thanks a lot for answering
--