- "Thomas Parsli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

| control/locals: riddlers.com
| control/virtualdomains:riddlers.com:alias

RTFM qmail-send.  It says:

        qmail-send handles virtualdomains after locals: if a domain is
        listed in locals, virtualdomains does not apply.

So delete that line from the locals file.

| Files in ~alias:
| .qmail-default
| &thomasp
|
| .qmail-cecilie:feen
| | bouncesaying "$(echo -e 'The user' $LOCAL 'does not work at' $HOST 'anymo
| re\n \nPlease remove this address')"
|
| Mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] bounces as it should, but mail to
| [EMAIL PROTECTED] goes to thomasp

As the setup specifies, whether you fix your locals file or not.
(Well - with the locals entry there, mail to cecilie would go to
cecilie if that user exists.  If the virtualdomains entry is allowed
to act, it forces interpretation via the alias user.)

That ~alias/.qmail-default file says to send *all* mail to thomasp
unless the address is matched by something more specific.

It is, by the way, more common to use a recognizable prefix for
virtual domains:  For example riddlers.com:alias-riddlers in the
virtualdomains file, then use ~alias/.qmail-riddlers-cecilie:feen,
~alias/.qmail-default etc.  This way you stand a better chance at
keeping local addresses and ones in virtual domains apart.  (Or maybe
you don't want that - in which case I wonder what you are using a
virtual domain for in the first place.)

- Harald