On 12 Jan 1999, Russell Nelson wrote:

> Adam D. McKenna writes:
>  > Why does this keep coming up?  I thought email addresses were not supposed
>  > to be case sensitive, isn't that in an RFC or something?
>
> The hostname is case-insensitive.  The local part *can* be
> case-sensitive, although it's a bad idea since, as you demonstrated,
> many people think email addresses are not case sensitive.

Most likely because the handling of postmaster is REQUIRED to be case
insensitive....

postmaster = PostMaster = PoStMaStEr = however else you want to munge the
case of the name :)

Timothy L. Mayo                         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Manager
localconnect(sm)
http://www.localconnect.net/

The National Business Network Inc.      http://www.nb.net/