Greetings,

I have installed Qmail (1.03) on a Solaris 2.5.1 Sparc box in
anticipation of adding the Lyris mailing list software to the server.
The Lyris installation notes that:

********

3) Append the following line to the /var/qmail/control/smtproutes --
changing "lyris.shelby.com" to be
whatever the alias was you defined in your DNS entry above. For example:

lyris.shelby.com:[127.0.0.1]:26

********

(I have obtained the necessary A record in the DNS tables and followed
other installation steps.)

Unfortunately my installation of qmail does not have an smtproutes file
in /var/qmail/control nor do I know the equivalent (if any) under
Solaris.

I contacted Lyris with this question and they replied that they relied
upon the qmail discussion group for the co-existence part of the
instructions.

(The purpose of all this is to have qmail acting as the mail mail
program on my Unix box and allow Lyris to obtain mail for the alias also
on port 26. I avoid having to use another IP number and it will be
cleaner when I set it up on my production server.)

Tips or suggestions?

Many thanks!

Patrick

--