Hi i set up qmail and it works fine except for my users who login through
pop server.  When they try to login they get the message:

"The mail server responded:
 this user has no $HOME/Maildir
 Please enter a new password"

I read the man page on "Maildir".  My question is how do i set up a
maildir if it is not set up when i add a new user?  If i have to manually
set up a "Maildir" and its subdirectories how do i get the messages in the
current $HOME/Mailbox file exported into the "Maildir" ?  Also what
permissions do i set for the "Maildir" and its subdir's ?

===
Gone to check FAQ.
===

Ok i checked the FAQ and i installed ucspi-tcp and checkpassword. I am no
longer getting the above mentioned error message. Also when i
ran the tests from the command line it worked fine.  However now i try to
check the mail through Netcape mail client and i get the following
message:

"The mail server responded:
 authorization failed
 Please enter a new password."

I am 100% sure i entered the right password.

any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance

td