I have qmail installed on my Linux RedHat 5.2 system and all seems to
work about OK.  I am using Nick Leverton's 'holdremote' patch to send
mail when the PPP connection comes up.

When I send mail from a local (i.e. on the Linux system) it works as
expected, i.e. the mail is queued and gets sent next time there is a
connection.  However mail from other users which gets sent to qmail's
SMTP server always brings the connection up which is a bit of a pain.

qmail-smtpd is being run by tcoserver, I have the line:-

/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -v -g 80 -u 80 0 smtp
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1 | /var/qmail/bin/splogger smtpd 4

in /var/qmail/rc.

Yet again the 'simple' configuration of a mail server on Linux doesn't
quite work as required!

--
Chris Green ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]