On Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 12:22:45PM +0000, Matt Garrett wrote:
> I'll soon (read: before the close of business today) be running several virtual
> domains on my one qmail server, domain.net, domain1.com, domain2.com, etc.
> Presently, I have domain.net set as the defaultdomain in the control files. Does
> that mean that when [EMAIL PROTECTED] send email thought the smtp side that his
> address will be munged to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and the same for all of the other
> users of all of the other domains? This is unacceptable. I need for users in
> domain1.com to remain seperate from users in domain2.com. I just want to use
> a single point of administration for them all.

Nope. qmail won't screw around with address headers on SMTP-injected mail. It
won't screw with address headers on anything if they're fully specified, i.e.
they have a local part and an @ sign and a domain part with a dot in it.
defaultdomain only comes into play if the supplied domain in an address header
is missing or has no dots.

Chris