Hello,

I want to have the following setup:  I have a server that I want to not to
have any e-mail setup by default.  I just want e-mail for the virtual
domains.  In other words, I don't want the users and accounts on my box to
have e-mail by default, only if I allow them to via a virtual domain (all
others will bounce).

I have the setup almost up, by putting:

- control/defaultdomain
127.0.0.1

- control/locals
localhost
127.0.0.1

- control/me
127.0.0.1

Then I have all my domains in control/rcpthosts and control/virtualdomains.
I had to make it 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost because qmail detects if
there is no dot in an e-mail, and appends default domain (resulting in
localhost.localhost).

When I send mail to just "robertw", it appends 127.0.0.1, and mail
processes.  When I send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], it forwards it to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] because of the qmail file.  So all seems well there.

The problem is when you look at the SMTP greeting, it says 127.0.0.1.  I
changed that with the control/smtpgreeting.  But now when a bounce message
is sent, it says it came from 127.0.0.1... which is not what I want.  This
happens elsewhere too.

Anyways, I am even on the right path to getting this set up correctly?  I
want a dummy server, that is not really a host in and of itself.

Thanks,

Robert S. Wojciechowski Jr.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]