On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Martin Green wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A week or two ago, I posted a message asking if it was possible
> to rewrite outgoing mail.  The problem is that I belong to
> two organisations, with exclusive sets of recipients for each
> organisation.  I would like to ensure that an outgoing message
> always has the correct from address, based on which set the
> recipient belongs to.

Assuming that you're on unix and have access to perl and are using a mail
client which can be told which program to run to inject mail, you could
make my tms (Tagged Message Sender) do this.  It was intended to
automatically generate tagged envelope addresses like on this message, but
you could make some minor changes to cause it to generate completely
different addresses instead.  See
http://silverlock.dgim.crc.ca/~terskine/qmail/tms

--
"Life is much too important to be taken seriously."
Thomas Erskine        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        (613) 998-2836