We're running about ten qmailservers for a few hundred users. Recently
a few of them have had problems with sending mails from Netscape v.
4.05. What happens is that they get en error messages containing:

smtp server error:
smtp.algonet.se:
PIPELINING
8BITMIME
Contact your mail administrator for assistance

The problem is, of course, that these are perfectly valid and correct
codes to return. And we have not changed the setup in the mailboxen
recently, and of course the users claim to not have changed anything
either. I rather assume that this is a bug in Netscape, but I'd be
interested in knowing whether anyone else has seen this.

/Jenny Holmberg, Telenordia