On Tue, Dec 29, 1998 at 12:23:57PM -0500, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
> FreeBSD uses login classes to handle this, but prior to that I used
> limit.  I agree with Dan that it's an OS thing whether it can be handled
> in the app or not.

FreeBSD *can* use login classes to handle this.  I don't see any
references to any capabilities in the qmail section of of /usr/ports
for freebsd 2.2.7.

The cget*() family seems to be specific to later bsd's.  Maybe just
freebsd?  The man pages I have don't tell me much about the taxanomy
of this system.  As you say, freebsd does have the setrlimit(), as
does every other modern *nix.

-Peter