On Tue, Dec 29, 1998 at 12:35:30PM -0500, Soffen, Matthew wrote:
> But would you really want RedHat fixing qmail instead of DJB ?
>
> If security holes were found (REAL security holes), DJB would be the 1st
> to want them fixed right, not a quick fix as an os vender/redhat would
> do.

Again, this is just your opinion.  As is the idea of a "REAL" security
hole.  Should a security hole ever be discovered in qmail, it would be
subject to Dan's schedule.

<make-believe> If dan is on sabbatical in Malaysia in the middle of
the 2 month Malaysian internet blackout of 1999, and he's hiking in
the mountains anyway, and a "REAL" qmail security hole is found, where
does that leave the hypothetical* vendor or OEM that's shipping qmail?
</make-believe>

* hypothetical because I can't name a company that is doing so - Dan
has claimed on the list that such a thing exists, but I haven't seen
any reference to a company name, or how they're planning on
maintaining qmail.

-Peter