>    Sendmail is *the* UNIX mailer. Everyone knows how to work it. It's
>    well documented, well proven, and hopefully most of the major bugs
>    have been found. We can tweak the source any way we see fit. Not
>    many (paying) customers are complaining about it. Sure, qmail is
>    better, but when we compare the benefits to the costs, it doesn't
>    make economic sense to switch.

Ahem! if you are installing a system from scratch (as i did about 5 months
ago) and you read horror stories about what a pain it is to admin sendmail,
it makes perfectly good sense to install what you want when you are loading
the operating system..:) In my case, i installed Qmail v1.03 and never have
looked back (except for a few small problems, etc)..

-Bill