>Ok, this sounds good. Now I have a way to flush the queue at specific
>intervals, but; How do I stop qmail(-rspawn I guess) from trying to deliver
>at all? I'm in a dial-on-demand system, and I don't won't the mailer-daemon
>to trigger a dialup except when I tell it to.

Really, you want the serialmail package, since you don't really want
to deliver on a clock, you want to deliver when you're connected,
which may be based on a clock or may not.

Tell qmail to deliver all of the outgoing mail into a maildir by
putting a catchall entry into virtualdomains.  Then when you're dialed
up, start maildirsmtp to pump out the messages, typically by running
it at the end of the "ppp up" script.  This is exactly the sort of
application that maildirsmtp is intended for, and it works quite well.

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 387 6869
[EMAIL PROTECTED], Village Trustee and Sewer Commissioner, http://iecc.com/johnl,