>> Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:

H> Why not use the Received: header fields for that purpose?

>> On Mon, 08 Mar 1999 15:15:41 -0300,
>> Juan Carlos Castro y Castro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

J> Those flocks of Received: are somewhat confusing, and what I want is
J> something that shows screaming in my face. The Date: field would be
J> ideal for that because Netscape can sort on it.

   The Date: line can be forged.  I realize that this also applies to
   server from adding a valid Received: line.

   Since the same argument applies to adding a special-purpose header via
   the user-agent, would it be better to (say) replace qmail-inject with a
   small filter that adds a header and then passes the message along to
   the real qmail-inject?  The only advantage to this approach is not
   having to parse through multiple Received: lines.

--
Karl Vogel
ASC/YCOA, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433, USA