On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 07:29:41PM -0000, Pedro Melo wrote:
# Look into qmail-users. It handles all the situations bellow (except for the
# last one that im not sure about).

the last one can be done quite easily with a virtual address sent to
.qmail-wibble-default
|forward "$LOCAL"@wobble.net

#
# On 09-Mar-99 Simon Rainey wrote:
# > Hi,
# >
# > Sendmail has some neat features for handling virtual domains, and it all
# > got a whole lot easier with the introduction of virtusertable in 8.9.0. I'm
# > running over 2000 virtual domains under sendmail and make use of four
# > rewrite rules in virtusertable:
# >
# > @wibble.com   wibble.pop3
# >
# > => deliver mail addressed to *any* user @wibble.com into the POP3 mailbox
# > called wibble.pop3.
# >
# > @wibble.com   %1.wibble
# >
# > => deliver mail addressed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] into the POP3 mailbox
# > someuser.wibble. That is, take the user and add ".wibble" to form the
# > mailbox name.
# >
# > @wibble.com   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
# >
# > => deliver mail addressed to any user @wibble.com to [EMAIL PROTECTED] I do
# > not handle mail for the wobble.net domain.
# >
# > @wibble.com   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
# >
# > => deliver mail addressed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] to [EMAIL PROTECTED] I
# > do not handle mail for the wobble.net domain.
# >
# > Now sendmail is big and slow and I'd really like to move to qmail. However
# > I'm having a hard time figuring out how I'm going to handle these four
# > rewrite rules using qmail. Can anyone help?
# >
# > Thanks,
# > Simon.
#
# ---
# Pedro Melo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
# IP - Engenharia de Rede <http://ip.pt/>
# Av. Duque de Avila, 23, 1049-071 LISBOA - PORTUGAL
# tel: +351 1 3166740/00 (24h/dia) - fax: +351 1 3166701

--
/- [EMAIL PROTECTED] --------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -\
|Justin Bell  NIC:JB3084| Time and rules are changing.         |