Things do not work quite as I expect.

Say I am MX for domain inside.dk (this is not a real name).
So, I put two lines into rcpthosts and HUP qmail-smtpd:

.inside.dk
inside.dk

Right?

Now mail to @inside.dk bounces:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host,
it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)

Then I put an entry into smtproutes, like:
inside.dk:mailhost.inside.dk, and now it works.

I don't understand why I need to do that too.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Regards
Netdriftgruppen / Network Management Group

Tlf./Phone   +45 35 87 89 41        Mail:  UNI-C
Fax.         +45 35 87 89 90               Bygning 304
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       DK-2800 Lyngby