I'm getting a connection closed when I telnet from the localhost to port 25
after I install qmail using inetd and tcp-env. My conf lines are as follows.

# inetd.conf line, split for sanity of this message.
#
smtp stream tcp nowait qmaild /usr/local/bin/tcpd
/var/qmail/bin/tcp-env /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd
#
# end

# services
#
smtp            25/tcp
#
# end

# hosts.allow, this is the first line, I understand that tcpd goes in
sequence.
#
tcp-env: 127.0.0.1 : setenv=RELAYCLIENT
#
# end

If I take off the tcp-env and make use of the rcpthosts file and simply use
the inetd.conf line from the INSTALL file, it works fine. But when I make
use of tcpd, it pukes. Now my tcpd works fine, because I have many lines in
my hosts.allow, and other services respond to it fine.
Also my hosts.deny is set to ALL:ALL.

Thanks.

Reid Sutherland
Network Administrator
ISYS Technology Inc.
http://www.isys.ca
Fingerprint: 1683 001F A573 B6DF A074  0C96 DBE0 A070 28BE EEA5