On Mon, Mar 22, 1999 at 12:35:48AM -0700, Scott D. Yelich wrote:
}
} How can I get qmail to stop an incoming message such as:
}
} >From 564564@.MISSING-HOST-NAME. Mon Mar 22 00:33:25 1999
} Date: Sat, 20 Mar 99 13:53:10 EST
} From: 564564
} To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
} Subject: Are you single???
}
}
} Why doesn't qmail prevent this by default?

To echo Sam, why should it?  qmail does not make choices for you.

} I'm running 1.03 and I've looked into the RBL patch
} but it doesn't want to apply.

It's been superceded.

}
} I've received more mail this last weekend than
} I have in the last 3 to 6 months.  I'm definitely
} going to try to get qmail to use RBL and stop
} receiving mail with bad mail froms.

Go to Dan's Web site and get rblsmtpd.  Works fine.  I have it checking
ORBS, DUL, and MAPS.

}
} Also, is there any relation between the site that
} comes after "helo" and the mail from domain?

No.

}
} I notice that when I used sendmail 8.9.3 -- it
} had a lot of really nice features.  I also have
} a simple cut-n-paste ruleset addition to
} use multiple RBLs.
}

So use sendmail if you like it better.

} Where is this support in qmail?