Scott Schwartz writes:
 > Russell Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
 > | Rutgers has a T3.  Typically at a site like that, unless they're doing
 > | a LOT of web serving, they have outgoing bandwidth to spare.  Concerns
 > | about bandwidth are misplaced.
 >
 > You'd be amazed at the ways big universities manage to consume network
 > resources.  They *do* a lot of web serving, and do multiple usenet
 > feeds, and have thousands of people emailing, netscaping, and
 > everything else.

I suspect that you don't understand the issue when you mention
"netscaping".  That largely consumes incoming bandwidth.

MRTG is your friend.  http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/mrtg.html

The universities local to me don't consume much outgoing bandwidth.

--
-russ nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://crynwr.com/~nelson